Camera: Canon EOS 10d
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Some days all I want is 5 minutes to myself. I don't want to sit quietly, straining to listen, wondering if that was the baby groaning or the cat snoring. I don't want to read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom for the 40 gazillionth time. I don't want to wrestle my screaming toddler as I try to rinse the shampoo out of her hair. I don't want to blow so many bubbles that I feel like I am going to pass out from lack of oxygen to my brain. I don't want to pretend to nibble fake food, tote around a bag that weighs as much as my child, or hold my breath every time she climbs the stairs to the "big" slide. Instead, I want to be able to spontaneously head into the city and see a show or eat dinner after 5pm. I want to go out to see a movie without the mommy guilt hanging onto my shoulders.
But then I will get some time to myself, and I'll be out and about kid-free and I will see someone unfolding an umbrella stroller and for a split second I wish my babes were there with me. I'll be walking through the foodstore trying as hard as I can not to narrate the experience because only food is in the shopping cart and people have a tendency to judge you if you walk around by yourself talking. I want to share the experiences I'm having with my toddler because she will surely think they are cool too. I want to be walking through the parking lot with my baby because I know the gusts of wind will take her breath away and then send her into a ragging fit of giggles.
Hey Everyone! I'm excited to announce that my prints are now available for purchase as note cards! 4x6 images are attached to heavy 5x6.5 cardstock. Each card comes with a matching envelope and in its own bag.
I've got two sets available for purchase in the shop NOW!
Both series include four cards, but larger orders are gladly accepted. If you are interested in a set of 12 or more, please "convo" me in Etsy. I will bundle them together in one order and give half off the shipping cost! Just be sure to mention that you saw the special on the blog!
On a sidenote, does anyone have typepad that could help me out with a quick question? Right now all comments are emailed to me. I used to be able to hit "reply" and type a message to the individual. I used to respond to almost every comment! Now when I 'reply" it posts on the blog as another comment. I'm not crazy about that - I like being able to send a personal message. I guess I'm trying to say that I appreciate all of your comments, and I'm sorry I haven't been replying to them. Just know I'm trying to figure out how to do the individual responses again!
Happy Tuesday! We're off to storytime at B&N!
I have been tagged by Kylie over at Cherish the Moment. This little meme started at Her Bad Mother, in a post called ‘The world according to Mom.’ To make a long story short, she wrote out five reasons why she loves being a mom and then tagged five people to do the same. Her goal is for this mommy meme to make it around the world in 80 clicks. I am sure she has reached her goal. So, here it goes - 5 reasons why I love being a mom.
1) I love the fact that Tea thinks worms are THE coolest thing in life right now, and she could spend all day digging them up and then putting them back in their home. This just goes to show how amazing the simplest things are (think: rocks), how cool every day objects can be (think: toothbrush), and how much fun the things I take for granted really are (think: bucket).
2) Hearing a little two year old say, "I'll help you!" is possibly the easiest and most efficient way to turn my heart into goop. Something about how eager children are to please the adults in their life just gets me. every. time.
3) I may not always think the world of myself, but Brie doesn't know any better. She is ALWAYS happy to see me, no matter how disheveled I look, how much I weigh, if I've been productive or lazy, if I'm happy or sad. She always wants to be with me, to play with me, to press her forehead into my lips and nuzzle her cheeks into my neck.
4) Seeing love in the physical. Truly amazing. I love my husband, we created these beautiful children, and now it is up to us to teach them, take care of them, show them love. Love just radiates off of them, from the first breath they take, to their first smile (she did NOT fart, dammit, it was LOVE), to the first time you say "hold my hand, sweetie" and they do. They show love - they KNOW love before it even has a name to them. Amazing.
5) I am a better person in everything I think and say and do. Every day my patience, love, and humor are tested, and every day I believe that my capacity for patience, love, and humor grows. I share my life with these little souls, I share my existence. As they grow, I grow - it is impossible not to.
I think the only rule is to tag 5 other people and one of them has to be from another country. So I tag Aimee at PutYourFlareOn, Wendy at 2-Moms, Amanda Cathleen at Mistress Stash Enhancer, Farmer Gal at Ramblings, Dawn at The Dawn of an Old Age, and YOU.
On a side note: I have some new prints up in the shop. Check them out Here.